Ormoc On My Mind
November 28, 2021, 03:06:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 
  Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Baybayon ni Agalon Sa Ormoc


Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Baybayon ni Agalon Sa Ormoc  (Read 1345 times)
Cook
Jr. Member
**
Posts: 95



View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:24:31 am »

Relatively young, Baybayon ni Agalon has been serving local and international tourists since the Summer of 2007. We officially broke ground for our hotel on December 7, 2007; co-inciding with Iņaki Larrazabal's birthday. Iņaki A. Larrazabal, endeared by Ormocanons as "Agalon Aki", is a well-loved and well-respected former Mayor of Ormoc. His loving family named their family beach after him - "Baybayon ni Agalon". Managed by IAL Enterprises, Inc., our resort is well-maintained and equipped with everything that a vacationer would ever need.

It is the vision of Baybayon ni Agalon to give all our guests a keen service with a warm smile and a picturesque vacation experience. It is our mission to provide the perfect vacation for all our guests.   
   
Albuera, Leyte - A historical look   
It was in 1862 when settlements began to appear in the areas between south of Ormoc farther down towards the town of Baybay. The appearance of these settlements was soon followed by the formation of barangays. Among these settlements, Sebugay led in population.

Due to the constant danger posed by marauding bands of Moros who plundered the coastal settlements and kidnapped a number of its inhabitants, the village heads soon got together and formed a junta. Among those kidnapped and killed was a prominent Sebugaynon couple, Ta Sindi and her husband. During that eventful gathering, it was agreed to adopt St. James the Apostle as their patron saint. The village heads stayed near the shore at Wangag, where mounted volunteers scanned the seas for the Moro vintas. When the dreaded vessels appeared, the guards beat their gongs on top of a tower as a warning of impending danger. The men would then take their families to safety and afterwards, gather along the shore with their bolos and spears ready. Blood flowed both from the attackers and the attacked.

The growing community was then under the parish of Ormoc. Father Catalino Cabada, parish priest of Ormoc (1849-1867) came to organize the said community, but some family heads disagreed with the establishment of a poblacion near the Sebugaynon River. This river always threatened the lives of the settlers that lived along its side. Most of them agreed to have the poblacion situated in Balugo but a strong-willed Sebugaynon, Eusebio Calabia, who later became known as Kapitan Sebio, gave a suggestion. He proposed that the image of the patron saint be tied on horseback and wherever the horse would first stop, that particular place would become the site of the poblacion. The church was built near the beach across the place where the horse had indicated.

The majority of the settlers disliked the name Sebugaynons. One day, the settlers held a meeting with the purpose of renaming the community "Herrera," in honor of Governor Herrera, thus expediting its recognition as a pueblo. When the junta was formed, a sailboat, coming from Pilar Island and on its way to Ormoc, dropped anchor. A Spanish priest on board saw in the many beautiful lakes and the numerous springs a similarity with the town in his own native province of Galicia, Spain. The Spanish town which was named "Albujera" - - which means "fresh water lake" - - was noted for the healthful springs and cool lagoons. The Spanish priest lost no time in naming the town after his own municipality and the name "Albujera" or "Albuhera" was popularly adopted by the people of the town.

The Spanish priest who was also the parish pastor of Pilar, Cebu at that time was given the honor of christening the town during its inauguration in 1918. The town officials have since carried the name "Albujera" in their records. However, for easier pronunciation and because the natives of the town always referred to the municipality as "Albuera", prominent citizens petitioned to have the name changed officially. The request was granted and the name remained to this date.

The town of Albuera lies on the western coast of Leyte. It is only 14 kilometers away from the City of Ormoc. Despite its being a fifth-class community, the people have always been self-sufficient and Albuera has never had a deficit since its inauguration.

Father Leoncio Faelnar, the first parish priest, served for 25 years (1862-1887). He organized the parish of Albuera extending from Benolho to Tenag-an. He was responsible for the **** of the church which was completed by Father Casimiro Abete. This stood for many years but was destroyed during World War II. In 1942, the occupied by the Japanese Imperial forces landed in Albuera, Leyte. In 1945, the founded in the battles in Albuera, Leyte by defenders of the Allied Philippine Commonwealth forces against the Japanese troops our defeated in World War 2. A new and beautiful church now stands in its place, through the efforts of the beloved and energetic parish priest of the town, Fr. Frumencio Cainglet.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

2dayespania
Newbie
*
Posts: 31


View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 03:08:10 am »

Relatively young, Baybayon ni Agalon has been serving local and international tourists since the Summer of 2007. We officially broke ground for our hotel on December 7, 2007; co-inciding with Iņaki Larrazabal's birthday. Iņaki A. Larrazabal, endeared by Ormocanons as "Agalon Aki", is a well-loved and well-respected former Mayor of Ormoc. His loving family named their family beach after him - "Baybayon ni Agalon". Managed by IAL Enterprises, Inc., our resort is well-maintained and equipped with everything that a vacationer would ever need.

It is the vision of Baybayon ni Agalon to give all our guests a keen service with a warm smile and a picturesque vacation experience. It is our mission to provide the perfect vacation for all our guests.   
   
Albuera, Leyte - A historical look   
It was in 1862 when settlements began to appear in the areas between south of Ormoc farther down towards the town of Baybay. The appearance of these settlements was soon followed by the formation of barangays. Among these settlements, Sebugay led in population.

Due to the constant danger posed by marauding bands of Moros who plundered the coastal settlements and kidnapped a number of its inhabitants, the village heads soon got together and formed a junta. Among those kidnapped and killed was a prominent Sebugaynon couple, Ta Sindi and her husband. During that eventful gathering, it was agreed to adopt St. James the Apostle as their patron saint. The village heads stayed near the shore at Wangag, where mounted volunteers scanned the seas for the Moro vintas. When the dreaded vessels appeared, the guards beat their gongs on top of a tower as a warning of impending danger. The men would then take their families to safety and afterwards, gather along the shore with their bolos and spears ready. Blood flowed both from the attackers and the attacked.

The growing community was then under the parish of Ormoc. Father Catalino Cabada, parish priest of Ormoc (1849-1867) came to organize the said community, but some family heads disagreed with the establishment of a poblacion near the Sebugaynon River. This river always threatened the lives of the settlers that lived along its side. Most of them agreed to have the poblacion situated in Balugo but a strong-willed Sebugaynon, Eusebio Calabia, who later became known as Kapitan Sebio, gave a suggestion. He proposed that the image of the patron saint be tied on horseback and wherever the horse would first stop, that particular place would become the site of the poblacion. The church was built near the beach across the place where the horse had indicated.

The majority of the settlers disliked the name Sebugaynons. One day, the settlers held a meeting with the purpose of renaming the community "Herrera," in honor of Governor Herrera, thus expediting its recognition as a pueblo. When the junta was formed, a sailboat, coming from Pilar Island and on its way to Ormoc, dropped anchor. A Spanish priest on board saw in the many beautiful lakes and the numerous springs a similarity with the town in his own native province of Galicia, Spain. The Spanish town which was named "Albujera" - - which means "fresh water lake" - - was noted for the healthful springs and cool lagoons. The Spanish priest lost no time in naming the town after his own municipality and the name "Albujera" or "Albuhera" was popularly adopted by the people of the town.

The Spanish priest who was also the parish pastor of Pilar, Cebu at that time was given the honor of christening the town during its inauguration in 1918. The town officials have since carried the name "Albujera" in their records. However, for easier pronunciation and because the natives of the town always referred to the municipality as "Albuera", prominent citizens petitioned to have the name changed officially. The request was granted and the name remained to this date.

The town of Albuera lies on the western coast of Leyte. It is only 14 kilometers away from the City of Ormoc. Despite its being a fifth-class community, the people have always been self-sufficient and Albuera has never had a deficit since its inauguration.

Father Leoncio Faelnar, the first parish priest, served for 25 years (1862-1887). He organized the parish of Albuera extending from Benolho to Tenag-an. He was responsible for the **** of the church which was completed by Father Casimiro Abete. This stood for many years but was destroyed during World War II. In 1942, the occupied by the Japanese Imperial forces landed in Albuera, Leyte. In 1945, the founded in the battles in Albuera, Leyte by defenders of the Allied Philippine Commonwealth forces against the Japanese troops our defeated in World War 2. A new and beautiful church now stands in its place, through the efforts of the beloved and energetic parish priest of the town, Fr. Frumencio Cainglet.


Been there myself. ^_^v I like.
Report Spam   Logged
Nautila
Newbie
*
Posts: 34


View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:24:52 am »

Parati kaming andito nung college pa kami ng BF ko. lovely place.
Report Spam   Logged
FugitiveOfLaw
Newbie
*
Posts: 34



View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 06:29:21 am »

Gusto ko diri.  Cool
Who wants go there with me? \m/
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
MySMF - Create your own Forum

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
Privacy Policy