Ormoc On My Mind
March 29, 2024, 06:22:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Love defined

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Love defined  (Read 1018 times)
webmaster

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 100 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:05:36 am »

The English word "love" can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection ("I love my mother") to pleasure ("I loved that meal"). It can refer to an emotion of a strong attraction and personal attachment. It can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection—"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another".

As well, it may describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.
Four forms of interpersonal love have traditionally been distinguished based on ancient Greek precedent: the love of kinship or familiarity (in Greek, storge), the love of friendship (philia), the love of sexual and/or romantic desire (eros), and self-emptying or divine love (agape). Modern authors have distinguished further varieties of romantic love. Non-Western traditions have also distinguished variants or symbioses of these states. This diversity of uses and meanings combined with the complexity of the feelings involved makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, compared to other emotional states.

Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.
Love may be understood as a function to keep human beings together against menaces and to facilitate the continuation of the species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love
###############

Who says love could not be defined? hahaha.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:08:10 am by webmaster » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BrainFreezer

View Profile
50 Posts Avatar Level 2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »

Paspasa ka define ah, mura mag highschool. hahaha
Report Spam   Logged
Girl on Fire

View Profile
Combination Level 2 10 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 11:47:05 pm »

This diversity of uses and meanings combined with the complexity of the feelings involved makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, compared to other emotional states.

Sakto jud, unsually difficult to define.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: